looking for a good USB to coax converter
Apr 17, 2016 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

headphones1999

500+ Head-Fier
so i just bought this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161981422706
because someone told me its doing its job converting USB to coax...
now i see its not a converter, its a dac ._.`

so this is what i need, good USB to COAX converter for a very good dac Im going to use,
there is any good option to buy under 100$?

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 6
SMSL has a nifty looking device at 90$: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsmsl+x-usb.TRS0&_nkw=smsl+x-usb&_sacat=0
I wanted to try it but when i asked the seller to issue me a new invoice without the description "DAC", which has no place being there from the start really, he basically ignored my request and overall his english communication SUCKS. So I gave up. Maybe youcould have another go at it.

Alternatively you can get the Peachtree T1 at 100$ locally. But it's utilizing Adaptive Mode Sync so it's up to your computer to do the timing.

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 6
The guy that told me to buy the MUSE saying that its not a dac, its just saying its a dac, now im very confused...
he told me he did AB compression with the MUSE against optic plugged directly to computer and he didnt hear any changes.

The muse is already on its way so cant do anything about it, but i will ask the seller anyway, maybe he got the answer

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 6
"The primary purpose is to create a high quality S/PDIF digital audio output signal that can be connected with your existing DAC. It also has a convenient headphone output for private listening."

So it's a DDC which also has an analog output. At this price, I wouldn't expect much better than the average mobo's SPDIF output.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 6
  "The primary purpose is to create a high quality S/PDIF digital audio output signal that can be connected with your existing DAC. It also has a convenient headphone output for private listening."

So it's a DDC which also has an analog output. At this price, I wouldn't expect much better than the average mobo's SPDIF output.

well i might test it out with a better converter in the near future, but as i said the guy did a test and he didnt notice any changes... maybe some things dosnt need to cost a lot to make the things they meant to do right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back