Looking for a good UK ISP without crippling fair usage restrictions
Oct 22, 2007 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nuwidol

1000+ Head-Fier
I've just moved over the weekend & can no longer receive ADSL2 in my area
frown.gif

So i'm looking for a half decent ISP that either doesn't have fair usage restrictions or is pretty lax about them.
Anyone using an ISP that supposedly has them but still get decent speeds throughout the day on P2P?

I was using Sky broadband before & had absolutely no problems with them at all.
Speed was good & stayed good constantly with no disconnects. Plus it was only £10 a month!

Hope someone can help me. I've spent the last hour scouring thinkbroadband.com using my phone as the connection
blink.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 8
newnet doesnt traffic shape so no probs with P2P.

http://www.newnet.co.uk/

i originally went with them as i could choose to have my service non-interleaved for better gaming ping.

i am not sure how they compete now with others. but they are pretty pure in terms of service, no shaping or BS. just a lean clean service.

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 8
good, i was getting 15-17ms in-game ping as a fairly consistent average in BF2 on norwegian/uk servers.

that was using a PCI ADSL card for lowest latency and tweaked MTU settings.

i dont measure the ping for any other usage.

in fact sometimes a non-interleaved service can be less stable for general use, especially on my long line.

swings and roundabouts. but you get the choice.

depends if you are a online gamer!

Oct 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks. I'll definately look into them. I'm not a huge gamer like i used to be but with ut3 & tf2 so close that could all change! Would be nice to be accused of ring raping again
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I'll definately look into them. I'm not a huge gamer like i used to be but with ut3 & tf2 so close that could all change! Would be nice to be accused of ring raping again
smily_headphones1.gif

haha, what with you 'ring raping' and me 'spawn raping' we could get a bad name for ourselves!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back