Looking for a good tube amp DAC to pair well with the AKG K545's
Dec 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Martinrm

100+ Head-Fier
So i just upgraded from my M50's to the K545s which im really excited for. I think that the K545's might benifit from a tube amp though even they are 32 ohm impedance. Im looking to spend around $150 give or take perferably from amazon since i have 80 bucks in gift cards. I dont know too much about tube amps right now, but from what i've read on the forums they give a nice warmth and depth to your music, something that i would be interested in. 

From my reaserch ive done so far i've found two which seem okay but i dont really know their quaility,
Anue T1 - $160 , 24 bit 30-600 ohm single 6922 tube
HiFiMan - EF-2A - $170 16 bit, Dual tube

I like that these both have DAC and RCA inputs so i can use either my computer or mobile device. One of the troubling things about the EF2A i've heard is that there is really high gain and distortaion past a certain level. I havent heard anything about the Anue though, but it does have a few positive reviews. 
As always feel free to post your suggustions and or comment if you think a tube amp would benifit the AKG's or my older M50's.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 3
What audio sources will you be plugging the headphone and amplifier into?

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 3
I forgot to add that sorry. If im using my phone (which does have a dolby pro logic mobile amp built in, its actually very good) its typically 192 bit mp3 otherwise ill be using flac on my laptop which just has a integrated realtek soundcard, nothing special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back