Looking for a good set of cables to hook up to my IPod
May 13, 2009 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AlwaysAFan

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm looking for a solid set of Ipod Cables to plug into my Headphone Amp, and I'd like to get some advice.

I'm currently using a Cute Beyond Headphone Amp by Firestone Audio - so I was searching for cables to use with the Cute and came across these cables which seem to look pretty decent. The really weird thing is I can't find much more (or much info for that matter) and I can't even find much on the Apple online store?
confused_face(1).gif

Here's where I was searching on Apple for cables... Im not sure if its best to just buy a cheap set, or go with a more pricey and what seems to be like a better set of cables. I'm kinda new to this, so Im not sure what sort of impact it will have. Do cables make that much of a difference in the sound for my Headphone Amp?

I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions
Thanks

May 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 4
LOD's are one of the most popular DIY projescts out there. The first PIC looks like something I may have made. I am assumimg home use so I would recommend a docking station. It gives you a holder and most often a remote control. Any good sturdy 3.5mini to dual RCA will work as the stock cable that comes with a docking station is not usually all that good.

Kensington makes a nice one and they have an excelent cable including video

Kensington Entertainment Dock 500 for iPod - Digital player docking station

Then when you want to go Portable just use one of these with your Kensington Cable
http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=38

May 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOD's are one of the most popular DIY projescts out there. The first PIC looks like something I may have made. I am assumimg home use so I would recommend a docking station. It gives you a holder and most often a remote control. Any good sturdy 3.5mini to dual RCA will work as the stock cable that comes with a docking station is not usually all that good.

Kensington makes a nice one and they have an excelent cable including video

Kensington Entertainment Dock 500 for iPod - Digital player docking station

Then when you want to go Portable just use one of these with your Kensington Cable
iBasso

Thank you for your reply!

Ill take your advice and grab myself a docking station. Its for home and office use, but I can leave the station at home and bring my cute to me to work
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 4
I also make custom length interconnect cables and such
Let me know if you need anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back