Looking for a good pair of IEMs?
Mar 1, 2008 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GosuEric

Head-Fier
I recently had my birthday, and received money as gifts from most people, seeing as they're lazy.

I've been looking into getting a nice pair of headphones, and figured I could come to the head-fi guys for help.

Currently I'm using Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3's, which I love, but I've been feeling tat maybe it's time for an upgrade?

I mainly listen to hard rock, but I listen to a lot of soundtracks as well. I'd say my limits around $150, maybe a bit more if I get some really good deals.

I've been looking mainly between the Shure e4c/scl4, Etymotic Research ER6-i, and the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5's. If anyone's got any good recommendations for IEM's in the $150 or so, I'd really love it.

Mar 1, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 7
Super.fi 5 are always regarded as one of the best for rock. the ER-6i probably wont suit your needs and the e4c's are decent but I didn't like them personally...they just seem overpriced to me!

The Atrio's are also well regarded for rock music but the SF5pro is probably your best bet.

Mar 1, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 7
I second the Atrio M5 as well as the Super.fi.5. Very good for rock music.

Actually, if you like the 3's, maybe you would like the etymotic sound. hmmmm...

Mar 1, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, maybe not love, but I prefer them to the Creative EP-630 and Sennheiser CX300's.

The one negative is that the bass seems to be almost, not there at all on the 3's. I'm not looking for heavy bass, but sometimes it feels as if there's something... missing, when I listen to music.

I've been leaning towards the 5's, but I thought I could look at other options as well.

Mar 2, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GosuEric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, maybe not love, but I prefer them to the Creative EP-630 and Sennheiser CX300's.

The one negative is that the bass seems to be almost, not there at all on the 3's. I'm not looking for heavy bass, but sometimes it feels as if there's something... missing, when I listen to music.

I've been leaning towards the 5's, but I thought I could look at other options as well.

I felt the same way about the SF 3's.

I think i'll get the SF 5's now.

Mar 2, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Atrio M5s thirded for rock music. They work very well for these genre, IMO. Plenty of bass to start with. Thumbs up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back