Looking for a good headphone
Aug 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EstebanRosero

New Head-Fier
I'm new in choosing a good headphone and i'm confused with all the variety of the market, so i expect for you to help me :D

Im looking for an in ear headphone or over ear headphone to listen heavy metal or rock.

Im looking for very good quality sound (if it's possible at that price) and comfortable for long term use.

I'll spend $130 to $150.

I research about the Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones but i don't know if it wil fulfill the requirements I'm asking for.

Thank you.

Aug 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 6
If an open headphone would suit your needs, consider Grado SR80i or SR80e. But they do leak a lot of sound, and you can easily hear everything going on around you. Only good for private use.

Aug 3, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and isolate poorly)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 6
  Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and isolate poorly)?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

I don't like open cans, won't use an amp.
I'll use them on the college, the bus, at home with my phone (z1 compact)

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 6
The UE 6000 is being closed out for well less than $100.  It is designed for portable use.  See:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

The 840 is a good can, but not the very best for poartable use.  The KRK KNS 8400 is better choice in large part because of its design, construction, greater comfort for most and the availability of a short cable to use while on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back