Looking for a good camera
Oct 19, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 9
PANASONIC DMC-FX33. Man that camera rocks. Has wide angle, pic stabilizer, and much more. Disappears in my shirt pocket! I tried it out for size and now that my Casio has packed up I am going to get the Panasonic for Christmas. The video playback is brilliant as well. You can switch the artificial shutter noise off too.

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 9
I got a Casio EX-V7 on Ken Rockwell's recommendation. It's a great little camera and it shoots full quality video with stereo sound too!

See ya
Steve

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 9
This is like asking about which headphone has good sound quality on a computer forum! Go find a camera forum!!

I heard if you want one with nice zoom the Panasonic TZ-4 or TZ-5 are really good options. I asked at a camera forum and I'm thinking of getting one.

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is like asking about which headphone has good sound quality on a computer forum! Go find a camera forum!!

I heard if you want one with nice zoom the Panasonic TZ-4 or TZ-5 are really good options. I asked at a camera forum and I'm thinking of getting one.

I bought a TZ5 recently. Will be here in a few days. It's really the only camera in its class. Wide angle, 10X telephoto, and HD movie ability, all in a pretty compact Japanese-made metal body with a Leica lens. Great value.

BTW, there's a seller on eBay who's got a bunch listed at a very good price - around $200 shipped.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 9
the aforementioned V7 is discontinued at most of the reputable sellers (and at bhphotovideo even the V8 is discontinued). I bought a Fuji F20 for the wife a few months ago as a refurb for cheap, less than a 100 if i remember correctly and it just kills all the other compacts out there from iso200-800. The iso1600 performance is equivalent to many at just iso400. If they're still around, I would have picked up one of the F30/F31fd variants as those have better manual control.

A quick look at ebay shows a few available at around 100, the only catch is that it uses xD as opposed to the more popular sd cards.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 9
I bought a Canon SD750 a year ago and it is ultra-small and takes amazing pictures. You should also look at the SD880is, which has optical stabilization. Both have a 3" LCD and do not have an optical viewfinder.

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 9
My experience the these two is very good:

Canon SD850 -- has an optical viewfinder if you think it's useful. Excellent image quality, performs flawless for a tiny point-n-shoot. 8MP, 2.5"LCD.

Canon SD790 -- no optical viewfinder but larger 3" LCD screen. Newer sensor (10MP)

Both have optical stabilizer. street price between 200 to 250.

you can check out dpreview.com for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back