Looking for a good armature for a smartphone?
Jul 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Flashest

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to get a good IEMs for my Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300) phone. Previously I had IE 80 but now it seems that the left piece plays too quiet after a year of use. Now this is a separate issue and as I bought them in another country and perhaps not from an authorized dealer I doubt that they will honor the warranty in the US (anyway I don't have the receipt etc).

I liked the IE 80 overall but I don't think they were perfect. I think they lacked some detailization and the bass level was rather too high. Not that it bothered me a lot but now I just want to try something else like a BA.

I listen to various types of music including classical (operas), symphonic metal, rock, alternative rock, less pop lately...
I need the IEM to provide good levels of highs and good vocal (female). I guess if the detailization is good then the high level of the bass is not a problem. So now I'm considering among some Westones (W20 - $300, W40 - $500, UM30Pro - $400) and Shures (SE215 - $100, SE425 - $300, SE535 - $500). Perhaps it's a kind of an overkill for the SGS III but I want to have something good so I can use it after years (perhaps with a better source).

After the case with IE80 I'd rather buy from an authorized dealer of Shures or Westones. And it brings us to the second part of the question: what is the cheapest way to purchase there. Is there a way to get a discount from these dealers (e.g. earphonesolutions.com)? Are there any sales (e.g. on Christmas)?

Thanks.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Amazon has in-ears used, but check seller ratings first.  One model for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0064ACZ9O/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 6
There's a lot of black friday sales/christmas sales. I remember seeing westone/shure IEM sales. If you're willing to wait until then you can get a good discount(like 30% on the more expensive models.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back