looking for a good amp under $100
Jul 14, 2004 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ipushplanks

New Head-Fier
i'm looking for an amp under $100, i'll be using a njb3,with er6's found a few but i'm new to this so i'm not sure which ones are good or bad ?

i found a couple cmoys on ebay and i was thinking about headsave, but i need to have this before september cause i'm going on a trip and i would like to use this on it , i dont know if he could have it built by then.

any suggestions are welcome, i'm just getting into headphone amps so i dont know anything really, but i'm willing to learn.

if i had to i could follow the instructions on how to build the cmoy .

i have a friend who has a soldering iron and a drill.

thanks for your help

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I just recently finished building a cmoy, and I have a mint that another head-fier built, both provide better sound than the headphone out on my d-321. It was also fun to make, and will be good experience if you ever want to build something like a pimeta or ppa.
I would suggest that you build a cmoy, or some variant of it.

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 5
someone is selling a headsave intro in the sale forum for around 50 bucks - you can probably get a cmoy around the same price too, so there is no need to go all the way to 100, unless you want to get into a bigger box situation like a meta42 or a pimeta, which become a bit less put-in-your-pocket-able.

Jul 14, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Go to a Headsave Vibe with Plainview batteries.... They are great for the price !
etysmile.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 5
I second that, since I'm gonna get the $50-ish Headsave Intro that's in the FS forum
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back