Looking for a good amp for Sennheiser HD 598
May 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Max598

Head-Fier
Ok so I just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s and love them.  I wasn't sure about the open back or long cable so I also bought a pair of Klipsh Image One's for portable use.  I told myself that unless these Sennheisers are amazing I need to take them back (I spent WAY too much money on headphones).  And sure enough, the Sennheisers are pretty freakin sweet. Im amazed with the sound and im using them with just a macbook pro and an iphone.  So now I decided to take back the Klipsch headphones and im gonna have an extra $130 bucks laying around and I wanted to know what a good solution to making these Sennheisers sound even better would be.  I dont know much about this audio gear and im basically starting from scratch.  From what Ive read an amp helps a lot? And certain amps are better for certain headphones? And I have also read that an amp wont do much if you have crappy music files, and most of my music is bought off itunes so will it have an affect? I'm kind of a newbie so the help is appreciated thanks. :)

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 4
@Assetgasse
Of course you want to buy the HD598 without an amp. :)

Even without the amp it's performing great. However, a nice amp makes them even better.

@Max598
$130 I would personally spend for a Fiio E7, that functions as a DAC and amp on the Mac/PC and as a portable amp on your iPod/mp3 player etc. So, it's quite a nice deal. 

So long and I am happy you enjoy the HD598

Users who are viewing this thread

Back