looking for a gift for someone
Oct 23, 2007 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Th3rd3y3

100+ Head-Fier
I was just on the phone with one of my best friends. She is my ex actually. She has an ipod nano 4 gig and hates her stock buds. So what can I get that is relativly cheap. Like 40 or under. No iems... not really sure if she would like fully closed cans either. She was saying that the buds gave her headaches because if was like the music was right in her head or something... so anways, how about some good suggestions... not 100 percent sure what she listens to either... she used to listen to pop and some country... but I know she likes classical.... she is a high school band director.... anyways

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 14
I'd get the PX100 from Sennheiser. I haven't heard them but they are well respected and they are not fully closed either. If you have Amazon prime, you can get the black ones for 45, or 35 for the white ones with free shipping. They are also portable. Good luck!

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 14
Koss KSC-75? I lent one to my friend, and now he wants to get it for himself, too.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss KSC-75? I lent one to my friend, and now he wants to get it for himself, too.

I also have these, but I was thinking the PX100's because they look like a better gift than the KSC75's... They're so ugly, my friends laugh at me..

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 14
I just bought the super.fi 3's (at radio shack on clearance for $49.99 and there's a $10 off $40 coupon floating around in the 2007 Entertainment book if you can find it)..

I had Shure E2c's -- they HURT -- they gave me a headache... I ws beginning to wonder if ear buds were my thing -- I'm happy to say that the super.fi's have changed all that -- they make the music surround me, rather than pummel through me - -and a re much more comfortable.

When I'm ready to spend more money, I'll probably be getting the UM1s though (they are at $100 for best price).

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselussier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about those bamboo one's? Girls love that naturey crap don't they?

Why yes, yes we do! Hotness is always a factor!

BTW: Look into the akg 27i

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have these, but I was thinking the PX100's because they look like a better gift than the KSC75's... They're so ugly, my friends laugh at me..

You could mod them. That'll show true sincere appreciation!

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why yes, yes we do! Hotness is always a factor!

BTW: Look into the akg 27i

lol, I didn't think a lady would actually respond.

Oct 23, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #12 of 14
well thanks peeps, thats gives me a few things to think about. Im sure she would be happy with about any of those. Really appreciate the help.

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmalaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought the super.fi 3's (at radio shack on clearance for $49.99 and there's a $10 off $40 coupon floating around in the 2007 Entertainment book if you can find it)..

I had Shure E2c's -- they HURT -- they gave me a headache... I ws beginning to wonder if ear buds were my thing -- I'm happy to say that the super.fi's have changed all that -- they make the music surround me, rather than pummel through me - -and a re much more comfortable.

When I'm ready to spend more money, I'll probably be getting the UM1s though (they are at $100 for best price).

Just curoius, have you ever tried the Ety ER-6's?

Oct 23, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #14 of 14
Generaly your options would be:

PX100/PMX100
AKG K27i
or KSC-75 if you're into modding them for her [headband mod].

They all differ sound-wise, can't tell you exactly how but if you search the forums you might find them.

Goodluck,

-Jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back