Looking for a "fun" IEM
Dec 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 6
I recommend the Vsonic GR07BE. They have fantastic SQ  It costs $130 (shipped)

Or check out these comparison threads:

http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list_01.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-302-iems-compared-1964ears-v6-stage-added-11-12-13-p-806      

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 6
I would say that those two that you have listed are pretty good IEM at what they do. The Yamaha has a nice and warm sound that is not fatiguing at all, the fit could be a little problematic though (I recalled having issues getting a good fit, so YMMV). As for the JVC, they belong to what you would label as "fun" signature. The V-shaped frequency response emphasized the two ends of the spectrum to give songs that bit of a kick and energy.

GR07BE is a good all rounder I have to admit. I enjoy mine a lot too. They give a nice boost to the lower end of the spectrum.

But if the primary purpose of your use is for movies, I would personally go with headphones since they will be more competent in presenting the auditory cues and that "surround the head" kind of feel when you are in a cinema. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 6
I would say that those two that you have listed are pretty good IEM at what they do. The Yamaha has a nice and warm sound that is not fatiguing at all, the fit could be a little problematic though (I recalled having issues getting a good fit, so YMMV). As for the JVC, they belong to what you would label as "fun" signature. The V-shaped frequency response emphasized the two ends of the spectrum to give songs that bit of a kick and energy.

GR07BE is a good all rounder I have to admit. I enjoy mine a lot too. They give a nice boost to the lower end of the spectrum.

But if the primary purpose of your use is for movies, I would personally go with headphones since they will be more competent in presenting the auditory cues and that "surround the head" kind of feel when you are in a cinema. 
Sadly I just can't get into headphones. No matter what type I get I always get a headache when I wear them always have even back in the Walkman days lol.

The jvc are about $40 cheaper than the 07BA, worth the extra money?

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 6
I cannot really tell you if they are worth it. From a technical standpoint, the GR07BE are worth the 40 dollars more. In fact, they top their price category in terms of ability. But I cannot possibly recommend those for movies purposes. In fact, I will go with the JVC for that. 

I usually listen to music on GR07 mk2 since i get a very balanced FR and it is a joy to listen to. But when it comes to movie watching, I turn to my GR02 BE for that since it gives the explosions a bit more life in them.

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 6
  I cannot really tell you if they are worth it. From a technical standpoint, the GR07BE are worth the 40 dollars more. In fact, they top their price category in terms of ability. But I cannot possibly recommend those for movies purposes. In fact, I will go with the JVC for that. 

I usually listen to music on GR07 mk2 since i get a very balanced FR and it is a joy to listen to. But when it comes to movie watching, I turn to my GR02 BE for that since it gives the explosions a bit more life in them.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how do the GR07 MK2s fare for watching movies? Does the bass not give the explosions enough thrill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back