Looking for a flat curve IEM
Mar 31, 2016 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

froxmor

New Head-Fier
I really like the ES18 but I'm not happy with its highs, probably due to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

I'm looking for a list of IEMs that have as flat a db-freq curve as possible, both cheap and expensive.

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 7
Etymotic er4s has the flattest eq for sound I know and listened to, Hifiman re400 is a close second but has a slight mid bass hump to make it sound natural and less analytical. But the etymotic is 3x more expensive so pick your sound preference.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 7
+1 for ER4P. ER4P and ER4S are probably as analytical as it can possibly get. If you don't have an amp, then go with ER4P, because ER4S sounds very bright and harsh without an amp.
If you want to go custom, then the UE Reference Monitor is probably your best bet.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 7
  +1 for ER4P. ER4P and ER4S are probably as analytical as it can possibly get. If you don't have an amp, then go with ER4P, because ER4S sounds very bright and harsh without an amp.
If you want to go custom, then the UE Reference Monitor is probably your best bet.

The ER4P are very old but apparently still highly valued. Is there a way to get them below their MSRP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back