Looking for a first buy, and a first dive into headphones world
Nov 30, 2016 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

boyAreYouStupid

New Head-Fier
Hi, I’m new here, and I must admit that I don’t know anything about, headphones…

So i’m trying to make a first buy that’s not too expensive, I listen to all kind of music, but mainly Jazz, electronica, rock, and hip-hop sometimes. My current setup is a macbook, a beyer dynamics DT235 that I use at work, and some monoprice earbuds when I commute. I also just bought a NuForce uDAC-3 from Massdrop so I guess not every headphones will match it (I know i’m not suppose to buy a dac/amp first but the price was great). I listen to music almost all day long, on spotify mostly, but I have a decent Flac collection.

Now, about my tastes :
I’m not a basshead, but I’d love some decent bass. I want to listen to John Coltrane’s sax as if I was in front-row in a smoky bar. I only had cheap headphones before, and the soundstage isn’t something I can talk about, but reading reviews on head-fi for some time now, I guess that’s something that could change my life :D

I read some good reviews about the Fidelio X1, but is the X2 as good as its predecessor ?
Also a friend of mine who produces electronic music told me to buy the DT880, but I don’t know the difference between 250/80 Ω.
Finally I’m considering the Fostex th-X00 currently on massdrop (purpleheart), but it’s maybe too expensive for a first buy and a noobie.
It’s maybe not important but: Does any of these headphones would match the NuForce uDAC-3 ?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back