looking for a drag and drop player with file folder structure
Nov 1, 2008 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
i have a cowon iaudio 7 which i really like, but the screen broke a few months ago and it's been kind of a pain using it without the screen....

frankly, i'm looking for a player that does exactly what my cowon does, if not more.... these are the players that came to my mind:

sony NWZ-S638/9: apparently best sony to date, but no ogg ( i have a couple ogg files, but i guess it wouldn't be such a big deal) and no file folder structure

meizu m6sl: really like the design, but not sure if it is compatible with the newest macs....

Sandisk fuze/clip: i like its sound but again no file structure...

ipod mini: i don't know much about this one... if it can work with folders, if it will have at least 20 hours playtime or more once i put in a flash card, new battery and rockbox (would be using LO with an amp and RE1s)

i'm also willing to try something else, maybe a teclast if i find one and it fulfills my needs, so i'm open to suggestions... thx in advance....

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #3 of 6
ok, that makes me tend more to sony, if they just had ogg support...
can somebody tell me more about ipod mini, does it have folder navigation?

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 6
ONLY an ipod w/RockBox has file/folder viewing, otherwise it's ID3 tag based. The same goes for the Fuze/clip, ID3 only. The Sony has the file/folder view, but you wan't OGG support - no dice. Still, if you heard the SQ (I also have a D2, the Sony players sound even better IMO), you'd deal w/the lack of that codec's support. As for the meizu - meh!!! never used it, and I never will. Their iPhone/clone project made me hate such an unoriginal, boring company.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 6
this might make me go for sony... how does the sony sound compare to the ipod mini's.... and how long does the battery of the ipod mini last...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back