Looking for a dock
Sep 14, 2009 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Steggy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. Well long story short, I'm looking for a dock. I want certain things from the dock, but to break it down as simple as possible, I'd like a cross between these 2 docks

Amazon.com: Apple Universal Dock for iPod (White): Electronics

apple%20universal%20dock.jpg

and

Denon ASD-1R White Ipod Docking Station + 1Year Warranty - ASD1R DAKmart

DEN9-ASD1RWT-2.jpeg

One of the things I want is a remote to control the ipod. Problems with the 2 above, is for the apple one, the remote doesn't function properly if you read the customer reviews. And the denon dock doesn't include a remote at all, but it says it's compatible with one, but i'm not sure what remote from denon I would need to get.

They both have video out which is nice.
They also have audio out which is also nice. I kind of like the RCA out over the 3.5mm since the amp i'm getting has rca inputs, and it'd just be an easier connection.
The apple one has the connector for the computer which is nice, because i wouldn't have to take the ipod off the dock to add music to it.

I suppose what i'm trying to ask is, is there a dock like the apple one with a working remote? is there a remote i can use for the denon? ndlsjkndljndljndlsjkndskljn

i don't really know. i'm just looking for suggestions :/

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 9
well crap. creative has something called the X-30 docking station which is absolutely perfect for my needs...but i have no idea where i can buy it. i was gonna try cambridgesoundworks but the site is on the fritz, and the only other hits i get from google are uk sites :/

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 9
yea...that's the x-30 dock in that package, but the addition of the speakers adds to the cost. I already have a few sets of speakers, i don't need to spend extra money on some i won't use at all :/

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 9
I already linked to the apple universal dock. The problem with it is you cannot use the remote very well. it doesn't function like the click wheel on the ipod at all. the menu button is completely non functional, so navigating through artists and what not would be a nightmare. i suppose my new quest is simply finding a vendor for the x-30 dock, or perhaps research one by cygnett a bit more.

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Find out if someone in the UK can purchase it for you. All you need to do is find out a way to transfer the funds to them. If there's a good hearted soul, maybe they can help,...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back