Looking for a dedicated digital source, could use some guidance
Oct 21, 2020 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Altair49

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

So I have a WooAudio WDS1 DAC, WA5LE amp, and a Focal Utopia, mostely with stock cables. So far I have been using an LP and my PC with a Soundblaster X card, I feel its time to upgrade.

What I would like is to have a dedicated digital source, I am considering the Roon Nucleus or a portable solution like a A&K, Sony Walkman, or a Fiio M11. The mobile solution would be great if it streams as I could use it with a future purchase of a WA8 portable amp and IEMs.

My question is will there be a noticable difference between the Nucleus and a Portable solution? They would both feed into the WDS1 DAC obviousely.

Nov 1, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm also in this boat.
I want a desktop player that holds my files and sends a digital out to a DAC/PRE. Don't want to stream to my phone or other rooms.
Needs to be able to hold 20,000 files.

I'm starting to think a Rasberry Pi might be the only solution.

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm also in this boat.
I want a desktop player that holds my files and sends a digital out to a DAC/PRE. Don't want to stream to my phone or other rooms.
Needs to be able to hold 20,000 files.

I'm starting to think a Rasberry Pi might be the only solution.

What is your budget? One viable option is:
Beelink GS-King X + HDD running in UAPP to Singxer SU-6 and to your DAC/Pre. Or if your budget is tight add SU-6 later and hook-up GS-King X via USB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back