Looking for a decent set of Cans 60$ Or less to Replace my stolen Panasonic RP-HTX7's
Aug 16, 2014 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

LiquidEvilGames

New Head-Fier
Long story short i was an idiot and left my headset at the laundry mat as i ran to get a coffee and shock shock they were gone once i returned.  While not the most expensive or best pair they suited their needs nicely (especially since i got them on closeout for 21$).  But i wonder if i spend a little more (No more than 60$ as i'm not looking for a pro pair of SHURES or something :p) if i could find a better set. Really only looking for over the ear full size cans as i loathe IEM sets.

I use them for the following
Playstation Vita Gameplay
Hard Rock/Metal/Death Metal Music on my Note 3

Decent durability would be great though i'm not expecting a tank set at this price obviously though the RP-HTX7's were built quite well for the price.

Thanks much for your time in advance!

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 11
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHT480CK-Headphones-Black/dp/B00E4LGY88/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408229992&sr=8-2&keywords=ht480

I heard these at a meet and they preferred the sound and comfort more than over-ear momentums.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 11
Bit more than i was looking to spend as 60$ was the maxend of that budget but i'll keep those in mind if nothing else arises.

How do the JVC HARX700 Compare to the Panasonic RP-HTX7? Are they superior or more of a side grade? Local store has a damn good deal on them right now but i don't know a whole lot about them other than some fairly positive reviews but not sure how they compare to the Panasonics i was used to.

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 11
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHT480CK-Headphones-Black/dp/B00E4LGY88/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408229992&sr=8-2&keywords=ht480

I heard these at a meet and they preferred the sound and comfort more than over-ear momentums.

Have you heard the RP-HT460E-K as well?

Mar 6, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 11
  Does changing out the pads make any actual sound difference? Or is it purely a comfort thing? Never actually tried it or really read up on it.

Cheers

Yes it does. In the end, these pads will changing the driver position almost same as changing speaker position in a large room. Just go listen a large speaker, if you moving around the speaker, you'll notice some sound difference in each positioning. Comfort thing? Sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back