Looking for a decent pair of reference monitors, need help!
Jul 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
Does anyone have the Dynaudio BM6AMKII's?

I've heard the BM6A (not the MKii version) and they are quite nice. These monitors cost quite a bit more than your stated budget though; $1500 for the MKii version, and $1700 for the non-MKii version.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
I've heard the BM6A (not the MKii version) and they are quite nice. These monitors cost quite a bit more than your stated budget though; $1500 for the MKii version, and $1700 for the non-MKii version.

Do you know if there are major differences between the regular BM6A and MKII version? Does MKII mean Make II or something?

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Do you know if there are major differences between the regular BM6A and MKII version? Does MKII mean Make II or something?

This is from a post from GL:

Here are some words I received on the basic differences of the BM6a and Bm6a mkII from Ed Simeone Chairman of TC electronic/Dynaudio...
I would reccomend the Bm6a in the end due to there mosfet amp design which has alot of benefits. Especially at the price we sell them. I have had a pair for 7 years with no issues. Hope this helps some

"The BM6A uses discrete pairs of MOSFET output devices (IR540-IR9540)
We have not seen the insides of a BM6A MkII or BM12A yet, so we don't know what the amplifier complement will be.

But the bottom line in this: We have heard the BM6A MkII and the sound quality is amazing. Critical listening tests conducted in Denmark showed the MK II to have a superior sound quality, and while it may not get quite as loud as a BM6A, many test listeners preferred the MK II's sound quality. We recognize the BM6A is a studio standard, so it is not being discontinued. Both the BM6A and the BM6A Mk II will stay in the line for a long time, so your client does not have to go elsewhere.

There are many audio enthusiasts who believe that MOSFET amps sound better than non-MOSFET amps. I think I'll stay out of that argument, but I do think the new Dynaudio models are just as exciting as the original BM Series. They have a modern look and a modern sound and while they cost less than the original series, the performance is top quality, something Dynaudio engineers are quite proud of".

Best Regards,

Ed Simeone|Chairman ∙ TC|US
TC Electronic ∙ TC-Helicon ∙ Dynaudio Acoustics ∙ Lab.gruppen

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #22 of 23
Ok, I'm going to just shoot from the hip, go against the grain so to speak and emphatically point out that the dude who works for Dynaudio who if fact WORKS for Dynaudio, is not exactly motivated to tell you his lower priced speakers are that way for a very good reason. Can you go listen to them perhaps? Sorry, I heard the banging of a drum and a brass band, and well you know...

Epiphones are actually Gibsons to some and for others they barely qualify as kindling. Yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back