Looking for a decent pair of portable headphones for rock
Aug 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Vocaloid

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been looking to get a nice pair of headphones within a price range of $50-$120.
I listen to mostly rock/alternative music.
I'd like a pair of headphones with decent isolation(no open designs..), comfort, and sound. They need to be pretty sturdy too.. 
I like bass, but i'd like to avoid too much.

I was looking into the akg k518 le because i saw good reviews on it and it looks pretty good.
I'm also a bit interested in the Bose AE2 but they don't seem very popular on head-fi...
any other suggestions would be great :)
thanks~

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 8
soundmagic pl30 or pl50, brainwavz m2 or m3, cx500, maximo imetal im590, cc51 (these last couple of entries you can find on amazon), but most highly recommended of all: fischer audio silver bullet

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Check out Superlux HD-668Bs.

Thanks for the suggestion, but they seem a bit too large/bulky. I'd like a lightweight pair of portables.

Quote:
soundmagic pl30 or pl50, brainwavz m2 or m3, cx500, maximo imetal im590, cc51 (these last couple of entries you can find on amazon), but most highly recommended of all: fischer audio silver bullet

Thanks for replying, but I'm not looking for IEMs at the moment. I'm looking for some good OE or AE portables, but I'll check these out when i'm in need of a pair of IEMs. :)

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but they seem a bit too large/bulky. I'd like a lightweight pair of portables.

Thanks for replying, but I'm not looking for IEMs at the moment. I'm looking for some good OE or AE portables, but I'll check these out when i'm in need of a pair of IEMs. :)

Oh, sorry i misunderstood your question; grados, akgs, or the audio technica m50's are quite good for rock. as are the creative aurvana live! series; i've actually really wanted to try those pair of headphones as i hear they are quite wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back