Looking for a decent pair of closed-back headphones for a present, with some odd conditions... *PLEASE READ*
Mar 31, 2014 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AsteriskReaper

New Head-Fier
So a friend of mine recently had her birthday, and I'm looking to buy her a nice pair of over/on ear, closed heaphones, seeing as her current headphones are broken and are pretty bad besides. The problem is, however, that I don't have enough cash; I only have a $50 London Drugs gift card that I recently won in a competition. So I am looking to buy this pair of headphones from London Drugs, and I need your help to choose which pair (out of the admittedly paltry selection) is the best bang for my buck.

I want a decent (doesn't have to be extraordinarily good, they just have to better than her current ones) pair of closed headphones that isolates pretty well and is good for music genres such as rock and dubstep. Anything <$60 dollars is fair game (I only have about $10 in cash available to me). Please choose from the headphones offered at this link: http://www.londondrugs.com/Headphones/electronics-headphones,default,sc.html

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 4
If she cares about looks try the JVC Flats HAS160. If looks don't matter, Sennheiser HD201 or AKG K512MKII. 

Can you use the gift card to buy another one? Buy a $50 Amazon gift card from London Drugs and go online.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Of those 28, look into these 3: JVC HA-SR500, HA-S660, and JVC flats. Read some reviews and ask in the threads about them if you're not sure. It will probably come down to her genre preferences.

If HA-SR500 is HA-S500 with a remote, I can tell you that it's pretty good: a V-shaped sound with tight bass after 70 hours of burn in (use pink noise).

I also want to mention that it's very thoughtful of you to buy her such an enjoyable present. Best luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back