Looking for a decent DAC for a good price
Mar 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SMOR3S

100+ Head-Fier
First of all hi guys, ^_^ I am new to the forums here :).

I am looking for a decent DAC for a good price that would be a good pair with my SteelSeries 7H cans. I game mostly, but I also listen to the music and take it very seriously. My budget is about $100 but I would prefer to go cheaper than that, if it's possible. I have decided to go with a DAC over a Soundcard due to the benefits from one, but for the budget I am looking at, do you think a Soundcard would be more of a wise choice than a DAC?

My friend recommended me this http://just4electronics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7532&cPath=0_341#googlebase It's not the MKII model, but he said it would work well for gaming. I need something that has an AMP built in also, because I also produce Electronic music, and I record vocals, so I need something to amplify my Peavey i100 studio microphone.

Thanks,

- SMOR3S - Kevin -

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 4
But what do you have now? I guess you have a PC but what, and what sound "card"?
Your link points to M-Audio MobilePre USB so what's a MKII model?

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
But what do you have now? I guess you have a PC but what, and what sound "card"?
Your link points to M-Audio MobilePre USB so what's a MKII model?

the MKII is the version 2 of the M-Audio MobilePre. I am currently using Onboard 8 Channel 7.1 on my Biostar TA890FXE Motheboard.

Thanks,

- SMOR3S - Kevin -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back