Looking for a decent closed cans under $60
Sep 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ryan45419

New Head-Fier
This is my first post so if I'm posting in the wrong place or not following the rules in any way, just let me know, and I apologize.

I realize I'm not going to find the greatest cans on my budget, but it's the best I can do. To let you guys know what would be best for me, I'm going to do a little background...

I'm a jobless 15 year old, which explains my budget. I listen to mostly dubstep, EDM, and metal. There's an occasional rap or hip hop song, but not much.
My experience with headphones overall is....minimal. I haven't been much of an audiophile and have only recently been getting into better quality brands and phones.
I started off like most people my age do, with Skullcandies. I had the standard Skullcandy IEMs for a couple of years and then bought the Skullcandy Hesh headphones (the over the ear ones). After those broke I was browsing Amazon and came across a pair of Sennheiser CX300 and purchased those. I really liked those IEMs and had them for about 4 months until I misplaced them at an amusement park. So, I bought the newer version of those, the Sennheiser CX300-II and liked those just as well.

So now I'm looking for an over the ear, closed, set of headphones to have for home use so I can just use the CX300-II for when I'm away from the house. I want something that will be no worse than the sound the CX300s have and I want to stay under $60. I like the bass that the CX300s have a lot and overall I like the sound they have. 

I've looked at a few different models that I think might be good for me, but feel free to give your opinion on them and give other suggestions!

Sennheiser HD 419
Sennheiser HD 205
Shure SRH240
JVC HA RX700

So what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 26
If you can stretch your budget by $10 then go with the SRH440

A lot of posters recommend the Panasonic HTF600 ($33~) but I've never tried them

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:
If you can stretch your budget by $10 then go with the SRH440

A lot of posters recommend the Panasonic HTF600 ($33~) but I've never tried them

Cheapest place to find the SRH440? And how's the bass on them?

And have you heard anything about the Sennheiser HD 419s? I haven't been able to find many reviews on them.

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #9 of 26
Sep 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #13 of 26
Takstar Hi2050 headphones, also sold under the name Technical Pro HPT990.

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #15 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back