Looking for a deal on Beyerdynamic HT770's
Mar 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ca5bah

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good deal on the above mentioned cans, I have ~$100 to spend, including shipping. I'm totally willing to go used/refurbished for these as I've heard that they are excellent entry level cans. Does anyone know of any sales/classifieds for the cans? I do have paypal/debit at my disposal, so anything that accepts those would be fantastic! I looked through the head-fi classifieds but was a bit overwhelmed with how they are laid out.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be using them on a desktop, laptop, and Zune to listen to everything; ambient, post-rock, hip hop, metal, classical, folk, and big band. 

Edit: Sorry, I goofed with the title. Meant to say DT770's.

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I'm looking for a good deal on the above mentioned cans, I have ~$100 to spend, including shipping. I'm totally willing to go used/refurbished for these as I've heard that they are excellent entry level cans. Does anyone know of any sales/classifieds for the cans? I do have paypal/debit at my disposal, so anything that accepts those would be fantastic! I looked through the head-fi classifieds but was a bit overwhelmed with how they are laid out.
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be using them on a desktop, laptop, and Zune to listen to everything; ambient, post-rock, hip hop, metal, classical, folk, and big band. 

I think you mean the Beyerdynamic DT770.
Try ebay.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
I think you mean the Beyerdynamic DT770.
Try ebay.

Ah, damn. I do mean the DT770's. I've spent 2 hours going through eBay and various music accessory stores and haven't found anything within my price range. I was hoping that maybe some Head-Fi members would know a few go-to places for used/refurbished Beyerdynamics.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Ah, damn. I do mean the DT770's. I've spent 2 hours going through eBay and various music accessory stores and haven't found anything within my price range. I was hoping that maybe some Head-Fi members would know a few go-to places for used/refurbished Beyerdynamics.

Sometimes Beyerdynamic U.S.A. sells refurbs on eBay, seller name is bd-usa.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
thats all I could find, if its a simple problem maybe you can fix it yourself.

Thanks, but that's another one I stumbled across earlier going through eBay. I'd be terrified of buying them and then being SoL if the problem were something like a blown driver. I have a very limited  income so there's no way I could risk blowing $100.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #9 of 9
If you want those for ~$100, you might want to try local classifieds like craigslist. From my experience, ebay bidding mostly jacks up the price of good items. Usually those go around $180 new and they're a relatively niche item so it might be hard to get it at the ~$100 level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back