Looking for a DAP with a few specific limitations
Jul 10, 2023 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RugbyPlayer

100+ Head-Fier
My workplace has some limitations on what I can use at my desk. Primarily it cannot have ANY wifi/bluetooth capabilities. In the past Ive used an ibasso dx90, but it looks like that isnt produced anymore? I also had heard of the fiio x3 but that also looks like its been discontinued at this point. Main headphones that will be used with it is the HD800s, or u12t's

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 4
My workplace has some limitations on what I can use at my desk. Primarily it cannot have ANY wifi/bluetooth capabilities. In the past Ive used an ibasso dx90, but it looks like that isnt produced anymore? I also had heard of the fiio x3 but that also looks like its been discontinued at this point. Main headphones that will be used with it is the HD800s, or u12t's

How about a refurbished and upgraded 5th generation iPod Classic with Rockbox OS, microsd card storage, and a fresh battery?

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 4
What is your price range?

The Hiby RS2 does not have wifi or Bluetooth, has 2 micro SD card slots, up to 10hr battery, and costs $479.

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Maybe the new Aune M1P. I haven't tried it yet, but I have the last iteration in the M1S, and it has quite a bit of power and sounds super clean. Otherwise, with your HD800, maybe a small transport player and an amp like the Monoprice THx portable player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back