Jun 15, 2017 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zeebit

Head-Fier
Hi all.

I'm looking for a new in-ear daily driver. Here are my criteria:
* neutral, balanced sound; I prefer clarity over bass quantity
* rather spacious soundstage with excellent separation
* $50 or cheaper

I've had multiple earphones over the years - Soundmagic E10, Havi B3P1, Carbo Tenore, Macaw GT100s, Piston 3 and a bunch of KZ earphones. Some have died, some were given away and some got lost. I've tried reading through the Chinese IEMs thread but there is just way too many pages and I think it's convoluted. As with the KZ earphones, I wouldn't want any more of those because while they are cheap, there is that "grainy", unrefined sound to them.

The only one on my list right now is the latest iteration of Xiaomi's hybrids and I am quite happy with the way people describe their sound relative to the piston 3 which I enjoy for daily driver use. Some other recommendations would be nice.

Jun 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi all.

* $50 or cheaper

I've had multiple earphones over the years - Soundmagic E10, Havi B3P1, Carbo Tenore, Macaw GT100s, Piston 3 and a bunch of KZ earphones. Some have died, some were given away and some got lost. I've tried reading through the Chinese IEMs thread but there is just way too many pages and I think it's convoluted. As with the KZ earphones, I wouldn't want any more of those because while they are cheap, there is that "grainy", unrefined sound to them.

The only one on my list right now is the latest iteration of Xiaomi's hybrids and I am quite happy with the way people describe their sound relative to the piston 3 which I enjoy for daily driver use. Some other recommendations would be nice.
I am unsure of which of those you list that you liked and which you did not like. Normally around here in your price range, people tend to recommend the SoundMAGIC, Carbo Tenore, and the Havi. If you don't want one of those, I would recommend the VSONIC VSD3S or the Beyer Byron. Those are both quite good. Maybe read about them and see what you think. Maybe one could work for you.

Jun 15, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi all.

* $50 or cheaper

Maybe check out the RHA S500I.

Jun 16, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 5
I am unsure of which of those you list that you liked and which you did not like. Normally around here in your price range, people tend to recommend the SoundMAGIC, Carbo Tenore, and the Havi. If you don't want one of those, I would recommend the VSONIC VSD3S or the Beyer Byron. Those are both quite good. Maybe read about them and see what you think. Maybe one could work for you.
Thanks for the recommendation. The VSD3S seems like a really good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back