Looking for a DAC for my speakers.
May 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

peck1234

100+ Head-Fier
Budget Max $150

Requirements: RCA Out, USB in/Optical in,44.1Khz/16bit (I dont need any higher)

Recentely Tried The Asus Xonar ST and also Ive tried various "yamaha in reciever" dacs"  

At the end of the day my cd player still sounds best... So I'm hoping to change that..

May 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 8
bump?

May 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 8
HRT Music Streamer.

May 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 8
I picked up a DAC Destroyer ( USB DAC) for $50 off eBay, it seems to be a good value for the price.
High retail on it is $129.

May 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #6 of 8
Just ordered the HRT Music Streamer. Will post my thoughts comparing it to my onboard sound and cd player when it arrives. 

May 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 8
The HRT will be a good upgrade. I think you'll like it. A buddy of mine has the latest Mk II + version and he loves it.

Peete.

May 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #8 of 8
[size=small]About 2 days in with the HRT Music Streamer. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]DAC is once again bright compared to my cd player/Onboard Realtek ALC888. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]Vocals and Cymbals seem very slightly elevated. Clarity is all there, but the soundstage is non-existant. All my lossless music sounds very narrow and compressed and gives off a little echoei vibe. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]I've A/Bed [/size][size=small]Midnight City[/size][size=small] by [/size][size=small]M83[/size][size=small] about 10 times and when the sax solo comes in on the HRT it kinda gets lost with the mix, as with the ALC888 and CD player it just sounds right and dynamic. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Going with yet another return. I am done with DACS.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back