Looking for a DAC for my setup...
Oct 27, 2006 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mher6

500+ Head-Fier
I searched the forums for simliar setups, but couldn't find anything I was looking for. My current setup is:
X-Fi xtrememusic --> Corda Headfive --> HD650 w/ moon audio silver dragon v2

I'm looking for a DAC for my system, but I'm not sure where to start. HALP.

(I posted this also in the headphones forum, but I thought maybe I'd make a thread in both since it relates to both forums).

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6
I searched the forums for simliar setups, but couldn't find anything I was looking for. My current setup is:

(I posted this also in the headphones forum, but I thought maybe I'd make a thread in both since it relates to both forums).

Just bought a the same card yesterday. I honestly don't think the internal DAC sounds all that good. I am waiting on a Behringer Utlramatch Pro. I will post my impressions later.

Oct 27, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I've been looking at the lite dac-ah and mhdt constantine, but I've been reading on this forum and it seems those two DACs are more "dark" so wouldnt synergize with the 650 as well.

Now I'm looking into the zhaolu. (but doesn't it have an amp pre-built into the DAC?).

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry, can't really help you with the dac, although the zhaolu dac 2/2.5 seems to be a hot item atm (and cheap). Never heard it, though.

A question... I got the x-fi and I've reserved the Headfive, and I'm seriously thinking about getting the hd650 as well. How do you think the hd650 sounds with the amp? I've seen some people complaining about them not matching. I'm using Grado sr80s for now.

atle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back