Looking for a cross between LCD-2 and HE-500
Dec 20, 2016 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sotto123

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for the end game. I own LCD-2 Rev 2, HE-500, T1, HD-600, HD-650, and am now considering selling them all apart from the HD-650 (I could never part with those). I like all of these apart from the T1, so it's clear that I naturally lean towards a darker sound signature. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get for all of these, but perhaps something in the region of £1,250-1,500. I don't really want to have to spend over £2,000 on a new pair of headphones if I don't have to.

I love the LCD-2's bass but find it lacking in separation and soundstage. I can't get enough of the HE-500's musicality and separation, but the bass falls a little short and the treble can be somewhat piercing at times to my sensitive ears. They're definitely the most fun I've had listening to music and I want that sense of musicality to remain in my next pair of headphones.

My amp is the V200 and I would prefer not replacing it. I therefore need headphones that work well with the V200. I'm also using Epiphany Acoustics E-Dac.

Any recommendations?

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 2
  I'm looking for the end game. I own LCD-2 Rev 2, HE-500, T1, HD-600, HD-650, and am now considering selling them all apart from the HD-650 (I could never part with those). I like all of these apart from the T1, so it's clear that I naturally lean towards a darker sound signature. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get for all of these, but perhaps something in the region of £1,250-1,500. I don't really want to have to spend over £2,000 on a new pair of headphones if I don't have to.

I love the LCD-2's bass but find it lacking in separation and soundstage. I can't get enough of the HE-500's musicality and separation, but the bass falls a little short and the treble can be somewhat piercing at times to my sensitive ears. They're definitely the most fun I've had listening to music and I want that sense of musicality to remain in my next pair of headphones.

My amp is the V200 and I would prefer not replacing it. I therefore need headphones that work well with the V200. I'm also using Epiphany Acoustics E-Dac.

Any recommendations?

LCD-4?
HE6?
Ether Flow?
Focal Utopia?
HE1000 v2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back