Looking for a compact case for ES-49 earplugs...
Jun 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sarah

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy head-fiers! I finally took the plunge and got fit for custom earplugs to wear to concerts (I go to a lot of them). I'm looking for a hard case to put them in that is protective and secure, but small enough to put in a pocket easily or - ideally - attach to a keychain so I can't forget them. I've been looking at keychain pill fobs with screw-on tops, which would be perfect, but they all seem a bit too small.

I looked through a lot of threads about cases, but they are all for custom IEMs with cables and thus quite a bit larger than I need for just earplugs.

Any ideas?

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 3
Didn't get much interest, but I'm just going to post this here in case someone else goes searching for it one day... after scouring the internet for all kinds of solutions, I decided to go with this one. It is actually a lipstick case. (For the manly types, you can get plain shiny-metal lipstick cases that aren't lipsticky in any way. I am as confused as you as to why lipstick needs a case when it already comes in a tube with a lid...) It has a soft, lined interior and it's just about the right size for my earplugs and some ear lube. It's a little bigger than I would like, but I couldn't find anything closer than this. It fits in my front pocket next to my wallet or phone pretty easily. And you can get them pretty cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back