Looking for a comfortable replacement of vModa m-80
Feb 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lunah

New Head-Fier
I have had those for a few years and been happy with them as a headset to use on the go,

Its been a few years since I bought them now, and I am thinking of upgrading..,

I am a gamer so i have the qpad 1339 (beyerdynamic) for home use, but i am interested in a replacement for "on the go" public uses. If its comparable with the qpads sound its a plus ofcourse.

What i look for in a new headset:

-size. Cant be too big since i am a girl and i have a tiny head.
-sound leakage - i cannot be constantly be worried that the ones sitting by my side can hear my music.
-design. As femeinine as possible but not a must... this should not be prio before the sound.
-comfort - need to be able to use them for a few hours without getting sore ears and head.
-SOUND QUALITY. the most important thing. It need to make it easy to enjoy music on the go.

How is the m-80s compared to the headsets on the market now? Can it still compare? Is it worth upgrading those?

I have looked at Bose QC 25 but theese seems to have been on the market for a while? Plus i am not willing to sacrefice sound for noise reduction.. There must be better alterantives out there?

I havent decided on the price range yet, that kind of depends if i find thr perfect ones.

Adding: i also have the beyerdynamic dt770.
Thabks for help <3

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #3 of 4
First and foremost: the size and looks :) i need something comfortable that doesnt leak sound and that doesnt scream "MASCULINE BIG PHONES"! :)

I am looking at the Oppo Pm-3, I see they have gotten really good reviews. How big are those physically compared to the beyerdynamics? And how are they compared to eachother?

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #4 of 4
First and foremost: the size and looks
smily_headphones1.gif
i need something comfortable that doesnt leak sound and that doesnt scream "MASCULINE BIG PHONES"!
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking at the Oppo Pm-3, I see they have gotten really good reviews. How big are those physically compared to the beyerdynamics? And how are they compared to each other?

I haven't seen the PM-3, sorry. You should run your question by the PM-3 Impressions Thread in the Equipment Forums under Full-Size Headphones. You will get tons of feedback. You might also consider the SoundMAGIC HP150 and the AKG K545, the most portable of the K5xx series. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back