Looking for a Clear and Bassy Set of Cans for Listening to Electronic Music and Gaming
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KeyboardMonkey

New Head-Fier
Hello Headfi!
Noob here.

I'm in the market for some new headphones, my old beyerdynamic dt 770's (from the 1990's) got badly damaged in a move recently so I've been searching around but am completely stumped on what to get next.

I mainly listen to electronic music and game so I definitely want something that really packs a punch in the low freq. range but still maintains crisp clarity in the mids and highs.

My audio source is from my heavily modded Xonar STX soundcard using 3 OPA-SUN OPAMPs which are considered "bright" if that helps at all.

Price range doesn't really matter.

Can anyone recommend me anything?

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #2 of 5
If you're after a v-shaped response consider the DT990

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 5
If price range doesn't matter,you could look into the "old" Denon AH-XXXX line.
cool.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 5
The MS-1 has very little soundstage but I found it more than adequate for over 5 years as my only headphone.  Granted, the most advanced game I played at the time was Battlefield 2.  Definitely has the crisp mids and if not the deepest bass, perhaps the punchiest I had experienced at the time.

They're lightweight, and don't isolate well but I thought that was actually a plus--when the drunken neighbors set the dorm on fire, at least I could hear the "Oh $hit!" (my only warning since the alarms didn't go off until much later).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back