Looking for a cheaper alternative to JVC FXD80
Oct 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sambo27

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Last year I purchased a pair of FXD 80s and absolutely fell in love with the sound. I paid a premium as I got them shipped over to the UK from Japan. Unfortunately less than a year in one channel has stopped working, (basically the right side is now really quiet). I really looked after these so was gutted that they broke after less than a year. I've tried to chase up the seller to help me with the warranty but it looks like i'm screwed in that department. 

So now I need a replacement, but unfortunately I cant afford anything like the £120 I paid for the FXD80s (including import duty and postage). Also I'm a little down on paying this kind of price since it seems to not be a guarantee of robustness. Previously I had paid £150 for a pair of JVC FX500s which once again I loved but broke after just over a year. 

So now I'm looking for something no more than about £50 that will hopefully give me something close to the FXD 80s in terms of sound. At this price I wont be so upset they fail after a year.

I'm tempted to stick with JVC as I know I like their sound. I have stumbled across the HA-FR65S which seem to be priced reasonably, but I cant find much information on them. Are they any good or style over substance?  

Any recommendations around the £50 or below that would fit my criteria would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Sam.

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply. I did look at those, does anyone have any thoughts on the FDR 60?

Does anyone have any other possible recommendations? Perhaps a different brand?

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back