Looking for a cheap amp for the Sennheiser HD650
May 25, 2015 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redbullmaster

New Head-Fier
Looking to spend as little as possible on an amp for the HD650. Would like it to have an optical in for TV viewing and a USB, to connect my laptop for music playing. Just looking for an amp to get me started, as I will upgrade later when I have more funds that allow for that. Budget is up to 100ish, but if I can spend less that's better. Don't mind going the second hand Ebay route, if I can get more for my money.
I know most people will say, save until you have more money to buy the right amp the first time. But ordered yesterday as Sennheiser was doing crazy prices on there outlet store here in the UK.
I'm to impatient to have to wait another 2/3 months, until I can save to use them with a better amp.       

Thanks for any help in this.

May 25, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd start with just an amp, and add a DAC later. The most popular ~$100 amps seem to be the Schiit Magni 2 and O2 amp. Schiit sells Magni 1s for $79 IIRC.

May 26, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I'd start with just an amp, and add a DAC later. The most popular ~$100 amps seem to be the Schiit Magni 2 and O2 amp. Schiit sells Magni 1s for $79 IIRC.

+1

Get the Magni 1st version. It will do your new headphones right. Then add a DAC later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back