Looking for a budget turntable to gift to a friend
Nov 23, 2018 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chziime

New Head-Fier
I was looking at black friday deals and decided to buy a budget turntable, bluetooth speakers (JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker), and a couple vinyls as a holiday gift for a friend. She is not an audiophile by any means, and after receiving this gift, she will be flying with it from the US to Brazil, so it should be relatively lightweight, but durable.

I was of course looking at the Audio-Technica AT-LP60BK-BT and the AT-LP120. The 60 is lighter and has bluetooth, so would be easier to use on the fly, but the 120 is overall... well, better. I imagine it might be troublesome setting it up through USB to her computer and then to the speakers. She is very intelligent, but I still don't think she would want to bother too much when just wanting to listen to music.

What do you think about this? Are there any better budget options? Maybe the LP60 Bluetooth meanwhile, and if she enjoys the hobby, she can just get a new one in the future? Thank you!

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the AT-LP120 and have never tried the usb connection but it is a pretty decent turntable. For her use I think the 60 Bluetooth would be fine. Don’t know the JBL Flip 4 but just love my my RIVA X for outdoor sound it has good sound and decent power to fill the patio without a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back