Looking for a Budget Set; Details Inside
Jan 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ComradeTao

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi,

I trust the throroughly contemplated opinions coming from this website, so I wanted to pick the brains of the head-fi-ers here.

I have a Meizu M6; on which, I listen to almost every type of music. I do the same with my computer running a Creative X-Fi sound card. I also hope to be running the headphones I purchase on a laptop sometime in the future. 

I have been looking at headphones like the MDR-XB500, but they don't seem suited for a wide range of delightful audio tracks. Superlux headphones like the 668B and 681 along with Samsons SR850 have presented themselves as acceptable alternatives. 

My questions are:

Do you think my tiny MP3/FLAC player is capable of driving those headphones adequately? 
The 681 line of headphones has multiple versions and is the cheapest. Would you recommend the 681B or 681F for a more neutral sound?
Do you know of any other alternatives in the $30-50 price range that provide reasonably similar or better sound quality?

Thanks in advance,

The Iron Comrade.

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 4
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Creative Aurvana Live!
AKG K 430
Pioneer SE-MJ5 DJ  
The CAL! are less than $55 on Amazon right now and are worth much more than that. I own the Panasonic and like it a lot.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back