Looking for a budget amp
Mar 27, 2010 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kaizokannon

New Head-Fier
Mar 27, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 11
Define in terms of $$ what you mean by budget. The Behringer amp you see is definitley NOT the way to go. For less than $100 you can go way better
atsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 11
PA2V2 will drive the HD555 just fine..... It's not a bad amp at all...you could do much worse for under 100 dollars...listen to rmouser...the behringer is not the way to go.
The PA2V2 has really long battery life as well. Not going to sound as good as a >200 dollar amp, but in the under 100 is tough to beat, all things considered. Not to mention, Gary is a first class human being.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PA2V2 will drive the HD555 just fine..... It's not a bad amp at all...you could do much worse for under 100 dollars...listen to rmouser...the behringer is not the way to go.
The PA2V2 has really long battery life as well. Not going to sound as good as a >200 dollar amp, but in the under 100 is tough to beat, all things considered. Not to mention, Gary is a first class human being.

Sounds great, BUT; I'm looking for a desktop amp not a portable amp. And to an earlier post, my budget at this moment would be under $100 if possible.

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizokannon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds great, BUT; I'm looking for a desktop amp not a portable amp. And to an earlier post, my budget at this moment would be under $100 if possible.

I'd be interested in this category as well if anyone has some opinions

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Give this a try: Parts-Express.com:*Dayton DTA-100 Class-T Digital Amplifier 50 WPC | dta-100 dayton audio dayton dta100 Dayton audio t amp t-amplifier t-amp t amp t amplifier class t amplifier class-t amplifier class t tripath tri-path tri path tripath amplifier ste
Attachment 27941
$99

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Mar 27, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

out of stock, and while I have this thread up another question I had. Do I need a preamp or can I run straight from TT to headphone amp?

They get shipments in every week. Mine's was delivered today. I'll be testing it out for a couple weeks, comparing it against the headphone jack on my Marantz SR6003 receiver.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by VAE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They get shipments in every week. Mine's was delivered today. I'll be testing it out for a couple weeks, comparing it against the headphone jack on my Marantz SR6003 receiver.

That's interesting. I would love to know how they compare. If you do end up comparing them please post your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back