Looking for a better portable system
Aug 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Leoorz7

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm Leoorz7, from Melbourne, Australia, I don't know how to upload my pictures to this thread, so I just upload my portable system photo as my profile photo, they are ak120+ie800, my question is: do i need to add a AMP for it? but ak120 has no line out function, very confusing, anyone can help me?
deadhorse.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello everyone, I'm Leoorz7, from Melbourne, Australia, I don't know how to upload my pictures to this thread, so I just upload my portable system photo as my profile photo, they are ak120+ie800, my question is: do i need to add a AMP for it? but ak120 has no line out function, very confusing, anyone can help me?
deadhorse.gif

Not really but it won't hurt.  You can use the analog out as a variable line out, or just go with optical.  I am getting a CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX 4XL for my AK120 and a Sysconcept toslink to mini-plug optical interconnect along with it.  Should be good.

p.s. hit the picture icon to upload pics when posting.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 4
thx for your suggestion, I want to try the optical way, btw, what IEM/headset do you use on your ak120 and CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX 4XL?
do i really need a AMP on ak120 for ie800? cause i saw ie800 is a 16 Ω/125 dB at 1V 1kHz IEM, is there a great improvement when I add an AMP?

p.s. when click that icon, the words "please wait" appears, and then no reaction anymore. I just register today and my browser is safari, is this the reason why i can't upload picture?

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
thx for your suggestion, I want to try the optical way, btw, what IEM/headset do you use on your ak120 and CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX 4XL?
do i really need a AMP on ak120 for ie800? cause i saw ie800 is a 16 Ω/125 dB at 1V 1kHz IEM, is there a great improvement when I add an AMP?

p.s. when click that icon, the words "please wait" appears, and then no reaction anymore. I just register today and my browser is safari, is this the reason why i can't upload picture?

Right now I have the VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon with my AK120 to my Momentum, as my M8 is still in order.  However, tried my UE900, W4R, and SA7 straight from my AK120, and the W4R and SA7 is good but not so much for the UE900.  Technically you don't need an amp for the IE800, but a good DAC/AMP will help adjust the sound signature to your IEM/Headphones.  Just ask around in the AK120 trend and they will help you.  BTW, I think you have firewall or pop-up blocking that is causing your problem, and please try Chrome to see if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back