Looking for a basic headphone amp to couple with an SMSL M8
Jun 3, 2016 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yonyz

Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a simple pair of headphones - Noontec Zoro. I'd like to use them for gaming.
I have an SMSL M8 on its way, so I'm looking for an headphone amp to couple it with.
There's no need for fancy stuff since the headphones are basic.

BTW, is there an amp that also has a mic input? Because I don't know of a way to hook one up when using a USB DAC.

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Mic input? A basic DAC won't do that. You'll need to use your computer sound card or buy a USB mic.

For headphone amp, look into the Schiit Magni 2.

Jun 4, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 4
So can I have the onboard sound card enabled just for the input (mic), and the DAC set as the output? Is it possible?
What about cheaper headphone amps? I feel that spending $100 on an amp for a $50 pair of headphones makes no sense.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 4
So can I have the onboard sound card enabled just for the input (mic), and the DAC set as the output? Is it possible?

We generally suggest things on Head-Fi that are actually impossible :p

Go look up how to manage audio devices in Windows and you'll see that playback and recording allows the selection of different devices.

What about cheaper headphone amps? I feel that spending $100 on an amp for a $50 pair of headphones makes no sense.

Buying the SMSL M8 made even less sense. I just assumed you were going to eventually buy better headphones. You'd be better off selling it and using the money to buy better headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back