Looking for a amp for RS1E
Mar 13, 2015 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lycair

New Head-Fier
HI! I am looking for a amp for gardo rs1e, I have tried it on my chord hugo but the sound is too exciting and I've tried to add a ra1 and get a smoother mid. However, ra1 seems to work worse on other brand's headphone. Could anyone give me any recommandation? Thanks a lot.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 3
Headamp GS-1 and Mad Ear+ are two excellent wood Grado amps.  I consider these amps to be an end-game setup for the RS1/i/;e. They are not the most readily available options for you though, especially the GS1 being discontinued.  I too am not a huge fan of the RA1-RS1 pairing, beyond the stunning cosmetic appearance together... shrug.  People seem to love the JRC4556, I personally do not prefer it in the cmoy-ish circuits I have heard it, including the RA1.... shrug.

I've been very happy with my DV337.  With tung sol tubes and a DIY mod I did to add output transformer coupling... its like sitting around a magic vacuum tube camp fire with the  RS1.  Performs equally well with my HF1 and SR60i too.  Some day I would love to get a mad ear+ and do a straight up end-game shoot out between these two setups.

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for replying, seems that I have to do some research on those amp that you mentioned
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back