Looking for a $200-400 "neutral/balanced" UIEM
Jul 18, 2016 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

B-Dawk20

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Head-Fi, always great to come here for recommendations. Last time I looked for an IEM, I was a tad dissatisfied with the sound, but I am willing to step up the price tag to see if I just don't in general like IEMs.

That being said, I am looking for something rather flat and neutral. I've come across a few options but I seem to just be held back by a fear that they may be hot in the treble or worse yet, anemic in the bass region. Maybe I'm asking for way too much in this price range but at the moment, I'm a bit lost in my journey. My tastes in music range across the whole spectrum, and though I like all sorts of sounding cans, I just want something that "plays it as it is" for my IEM. Plays and reveals the good and bad about the music.

At the moment, only these headphones have managed to stick around my thoughts.

Etymotic 4ERP-T (My biggest concern is their bass response.)
UE-900S (These seem to not fit my description so well but at their current price, they are indeed attractive)
Noble 4 (Everywhere I go that talks about them, they seem to describe what I want, but frankly I actually can't find them anywhere to buy!)
QJays (Recent recommendation, dunno much about them yet)

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Noble 4 has been renamed and redesigned to Noble Savanna

Also, Etymotic just released their latest versions of the ER-4 line: ER-4SR and ER-4XR

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 4
  Noble 4 has been renamed and redesigned to Noble Savanna

Also, Etymotic just released their latest versions of the ER-4 line: ER-4SR and ER-4XR

Unfortunately the Savanna is outside of my budget. I'm currently looking into the SR and XR versions and they both sound extremely promising. Unfortunately, now I am entering my own debate between the two haha. For now, I am trying to look more into the QJays as well. The XR and SR are big considerations though!

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 4
I went ahead and bought the 4S after much deliberation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back