Looking for a 2.0 computer speaker system. 200$
Jul 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

punk_guy182

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay, What do you guys recommend? I'd like a 2.0 computer speaker system for 200$. No big bass needed. It will be mostly used to play games, watch divx movies et listen to mp3s (128kps-320kbps). Also, what soundcard would be good aswell for another 150$?

Thanks.

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 8
I fully reccomend the M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 or 40. Both are great bang-for-the-buck speakers, and they're compact enough to use on a small desk.

For the sound card: try your built-in card at first, because it won't cost you anything. A lot of built-in cards now offer S/PDIF, which the Studiophile speakers won't accept, but other, more expensive monitors will. Think it over. If you must, the best I've heard is the Behringer F-Control Audio FCA202.

Hope I've helped.

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 8
x2 on the Audioengine.
Had the A5 for a while, and have love it. Heard equally good things about the A2

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Was going to suggest the Swans M200, as I have loved mine. They are now a "deactivated item" on Newegg website, and they were $299 anyways.

Are you looking for powered speakers? or do you have an amp to use for regular speakers? You can usually get better quality speakers for the same money if you dont get active ones.

I am trading up to some fullrange desktop speakers, but still waiting on my amp to show up.

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 8
This is just me, but I always despised PC speakers, even good ones. Personally, I'd snag a set of vintage Advents used (under 100 usually) and pair em with a 75-100wpc vintage solid state integrated amp (like Yamaha, Kenwood, or Sansui). For those not in the know, these integrateds are mostly beefy for their power output and are relatively transparent if up to spec.

I've currently got my KA-series Kenwood seperates powering a set of Boston Acoustics A-150s at my computer system, and the fidelity is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back