Looking for $50 headphones.
Apr 25, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #18 of 22
Can't recommend s500 for orchestra, rock or metal music. Stay away as the U shaped sig will push a lot of important instruments back for those genres.

S500 for electronic, gaming, and movies will be fine.

I'm not sure how this argument applies to metal / rock. A V-shape will pick up all the instruments of a conventional band. The boost at the low end will accentuate the bass and drums; the boost at the high end will accentuate the guitar and cymbals. The only performance range negatively affected is vocals. Maybe you don't like the sound signature--I don't either--but it has a compelling logic.

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #21 of 22
I'm not sure how this argument applies to metal / rock. A V-shape will pick up all the instruments of a conventional band. The boost at the low end will accentuate the bass and drums; the boost at the high end will accentuate the guitar and cymbals. The only performance range negatively affected is vocals. Maybe you don't like the sound signature--I don't either--but it has a compelling logic.

Agreed.

Some people prefer a V-shaped signature.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #22 of 22
Wait a few weeks and order the new soon-to-be released Shure SE112 ($49.99). Obviously I haven't tested it (not on the market yet), but if it's anything like every other Shure model I've owned, it's going to be great for the price. Can't believe they priced an IEM this cheap..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back