looking for 40GB audio player
Feb 18, 2005 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dcrane

Head-Fier
My karma is dying and I might have to get another player.
frown.gif

It's completely filled and I would like something bigger.
Most of it is flac. I want a player that supports mp3 and a lossless compression.
Audio quality is very important. Ogg is good and sounds better than mp3 but not as good as flac. I don't care about video, color screens, fm radio, or encoding. I also want something that won't die on me in a year. I might be willing to do without the lossless compression if it is high quality and has ogg or something better than mp3. Price is flexible but not unlimited; maybe $400, maybe more if it is perfect. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. The karma was pretty good - except for the fact that it died. BTW, I stated might because I don't know what BestBuy will do with my extended warranty - no stores seem to have the karma in stock. Also, I might not buy another player at BestBuy.

Feb 18, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 9
<preaching the iAudio gospel>
Get a 40GB iAudio M3 before they're gone
</preaching the iAudio gospel>

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 9
iPods are great, but I don't know if it's the right choice here. It would be a pain to convert 40 gigs worth of flac to ale. You'd have to do it in two steps, uncompressing to WAV and then recompressing to ale. That wouldn't be fun. But it would be faster than re-ripping.

See ya
Steve

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Perez
<preaching the iAudio gospel>
Get a 40GB iAudio M3 before they're gone
</preaching the iAudio gospel>

ditto
They're already hard to find. Hurry before there are absolutly none left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back