Looking for 4-8 GB flash player with dedicated line-out...
Dec 12, 2007 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cry Havoc

100+ Head-Fier
So far, I've considered the Samsung YP-T9, the Sony A818, and the Creative Zen. All three look like fantastic players, and I find myself drawn to the Zen for it's silky smooth looks and it's expansion slot (I'm aware of the current file separation problems and they do NOT bother me), but I've heard the Sony is the best sounding of the 3. Also I am considering the Cowon D2 and the iRiver Clix 2.

The real trigger puller for me is which one features a line-out connection? I won an RSA Tomahawk amp at the Chi-fi meet and I want to fully utilize it's potential.

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 9
I can recommend the T9 out of personal bias and a relatively clean sound however it does not have a line out.

If you really want the SD expansion ability I'd say go for the Cowon D2; it's more expensive but it's also the better sounding player and its firmware is mature.

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 9
Well I think the sony does have line-out via the dock? The others don't , ipod nano comes to mind
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I think the sony does have line-out via the dock? The others don't , ipod nano comes to mind
biggrin.gif

*sighs* I knew someone was going to say iPod. The truth is they drive me kind of crazy. I personally HATE the touchwheel interface. The circle motion of my thumb is not comfortable at all to me.

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 9
A 3g or 2g nano and a small dock-to-3.5mm adapter?
wink.gif

I do wish you could still get the clip-on remote with buttons from the 3g ipods, they were easier to manage on the go.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*sighs* I knew someone was going to say iPod. The truth is they drive me kind of crazy. I personally HATE the touchwheel interface. The circle motion of my thumb is not comfortable at all to me.

Sorry I'ts all I could think of
frown.gif
, and I have had a "bunch" of flash players. I think the monolith had a line out, but the capacity was really low. I also heard the D2 on full volume is pretty good fed into an amp. The dock for the sony a 6xx 8xx has an "out" for speakers, I think this is a line level out, but I'm not sure. I have a dock "on order" for x-mas so we shall see. Maybe some one can shed some light about the sony dock LO? I know it's a brilliant, crack'n piece of kit though!

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I'ts all I could think of
frown.gif
, and I have had a "bunch" of flash players. I think the monolith had a line out, but the capacity was really low. I also heard the D2 on full volume is pretty good fed into an amp. The dock for the sony a 6xx 8xx has an "out" for speakers, I think this is a line level out, but I'm not sure. I have a dock "on order" for x-mas so we shall see. Maybe some one can shed some light about the sony dock LO? I know it's a brilliant, crack'n piece of kit though!

Ihatepopupads let me know about that dock when you get it....I've used the 616's headphone out to my home stereo amp...I'm wondering if the docks line out is any better?

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 9
The Samsung T9 reaches the "0 gain" at full volume, which means it behaves like a line out.

Anyway, among flash players only Nanos have a true lineout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back