Looking for 3.5 mm headset & microphone A/B switchbox
May 13, 2020 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Edil

Head-Fier
Hello,

As many other people I'm working from home. I have the typical inexpensive headset with microphone that I use with my smartphone and my laptop and that's the problem, I have to constantly disconnect the cable from the computer to connect it to the smartphone back and forth. I had search without success for an A/B switchbox like these ones; option1, option2, but those only works for the headphone sound and do not work for the microphone. I'm looking for an inexpensive, nothing-fancy, analog switchbox that works for both things at the same time, receive the sound and send the microphone signal. Perhaps a simple cable splitter can do the trick but again it have to work with both things.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

May 13, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey there,

I made something similar that might do the trick. I'd be down to make another that'll fit your purpose better. This thing cost me a few bucks to make, and fits neatly in a box.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/16tlrh6NyacqJBa5om6uXwsGo4pnh31nn

If you're handy with a soldering iron, they're not too bad to make yourself. Just need to find a 4PDT (4 pole double throw) switch, and some TRRS female jacks to solder it all up to.

May 13, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey there,

I made something similar that might do the trick. I'd be down to make another that'll fit your purpose better. This thing cost me a few bucks to make, and fits neatly in a box.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/16tlrh6NyacqJBa5om6uXwsGo4pnh31nn

If you're handy with a soldering iron, they're not too bad to make yourself. Just need to find a 4PDT (4 pole double throw) switch, and some TRRS female jacks to solder it all up to.

Thanks!

I received this other -> suggestion <- that seems to "fit the bill", but the idea of doing it myself sounds appealing.

Again thanks for the help.

May 13, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 4
I received this other -> suggestion <- that seems to "fit the bill", but the idea of doing it myself sounds appealing.

I saw those too while I was hunting for my solution, but figured $27 for a switch box was a bit too much. The DIY option can be done for under $14, and most of that cost is the switch ^^; Could probably do it cheaper too if you were willing to wait for parts from China.

I ordered all my stuff from a local parts distributor because I'm moderately impatient.

If you go DIY, let us know! I love to see what other people make

Users who are viewing this thread

Back