Looking for $200-$300 Over-Ear Headphones
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xperator

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for a $200-$300 headphone (over-ear type). I currently own a V-Moda M80. (It is an average sounding headphone in my opinion, nothing special)

looking specifications:
- Comfortable, Light & Good for travel and carry to school.
- Not so big and bulky, and it should be Stylish
- Great for KPop genre (dance-pop, pop ballad, electronic, rock, hip-hop, R&B)
- Great Highs and mids. The music have to be Clear, Detailed and have a good SoundStage (not too fake, just enough to enjoy the music). I think what I am looking for a is a Bright sound signature.
- I really want to hear the Vocals (Specially women) at it's very best.
- About the Bass... I really don't listen to Bass heavy music or anything like that and I know going around bassy headphones makes the highs and mids less clear. If it doesn't come at a price, I wouldn't mind good bass.
- using with Android phone
- Great sound-isolation (passive)

Important note : This is the third time I am asking for recommendations, The first time I bought a Monster Turbine, and the second time a V-Moda M80. But I wasn't satisfied with them at all. They were both good headphones but still nothing that I am looking for.
So here I am increasing my budget once again, learned more about Sound terms, I think it's more clear now with the above specifications.

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Maybe sennheiser momentums. Stylish, very light, only 18ohms so your iPod/phone will power it fine. I wouldn't say the isolation is great though, it's enough and with 75 percent should block out your surroundings but there is better out there is terms of isolation. Comfort may also be an issue if you have larger ears.

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 4
  Maybe sennheiser momentums. Stylish, very light, only 18ohms so your iPod/phone will power it fine. I wouldn't say the isolation is great though, it's enough and with 75 percent should block out your surroundings but there is better out there is terms of isolation. Comfort may also be an issue if you have larger ears.

Momentum's sound signature isn't bright.

You should also consider AKG K550

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back