Looking For 2.0 Speakers ($50-100)
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Clusterfunk

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for some new 2.0 computer speakers since my laptop speakers don't really cut it when I want to listen to have ambient music or watch a movie with friends.

Normally I use a headphone setup (Sennheiser HD650, Schiit Valhalla amp) but I want something so that other people can hear audio from my computer. For that reason, the quality doesn't have to be awesome. The ability to move it around is a plus (that's why I want 2.0, not 2.1) and good design is important to me.

Normally I wouldn't consider going with Bose because I know that they're usually overpriced, but I've been looking at the Bose Companion 2. I really like the way they look and the size seems about right, but most of the reviews say they're so-so. What would you suggest?

tl;dr version: Looking for 2.0 speakers $50-100 that look nice (sound decent too) and are portable like the Bose Companion 2.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 4
I personally take the Creative Gigaworks T40 over the Bose companion series, as i don't like their sound signature (to "processed") 

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 4
I have a really hard time buying something like that because it just looks so terrible. I don't know why only a few companies care about aesthetics as well as sound quality. Seems like you only get one or the other.

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I have a really hard time buying something like that because it just looks so terrible. I don't know why only a few companies care about aesthetics as well as sound quality. Seems like you only get one or the other.

I hear you, they aren't pretty. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back