Looking for ~$100 Warm Cable Down IEM
Jun 19, 2014 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xII DM IIx

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. Looking for a gift for my sister, and figure she would appreciate an upgrade to her IEMs. The criteria I'm looking to abide by is as follows:

I'm willing to spend around ~$100.

They will be worn mainly cable down, and should be primarily designed to be worn as such (she won't want to mess with looping a cable each time she listens)

They should be easy to insert and comfortable for 2+ hours. So nothing with a big housing or common comfort issues

She mainly listens to Pop / EDM (Progressive House, some Big Room / Trap, Vocal Trance, etc) / Vocal led tracks, so I think she'll like something with a mid-range sort of emphasis. A V or a U shaped IEM should be fine as well so long as the vocals aren't too recessed. 

The headphones should be at least somewhat attractive (see: not gaudy, she's 22) or understated

The headphones will be driven from a smart phone or a laptop, so nothing hard to drive

Isolation is a plus, but not a necessity. It's not often that she flies or uses public transportation, but she'll appreciate isolation when she's in that sort of situation for sure.

I settled on the MEElectronics CC51P in the past as they tick a lot of the boxes above. She said she liked them fine, but I think she'll like something with a bit more bass and soundstage. The latter is less important.

I was considering the Philips Fidelio S1 as it ticks a lot of the boxes above as well I believe, but was looking for additional suggestions if there's a better option. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back