Looking for 100$ range IEM for Prog (King Crimson, Porcupine tree, etc)
Jun 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

krevvy

New Head-Fier
So I want to get a pair of IEMs that I can use when running outside, or at work, as such I don't want to go to expensive (140+) as these IEMS will be used everyday for around 6-10hs a day 5 days a week. Isolation isn't a big deal as no one is near were I work and as I am jogging/running I will never be beside anyone long enough. I have tried using over ears for portable use and they just dont work well when running or even at work some times. 

So overall:

Around  50-120$ (can)
For progressive music, audio books and a bit of trance, but mostly focused on prog.
Durable.
I have a E07k though i do not think I would need it for a IEM (though not sure)

Thank you for the help.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 6
  Thoughts on the Re 400? As they seem similar to the S1's

The RE400s, I would say are better for accuracy while the S1s are better for a more "fun" sound. While the S1s have a more warm sound, the RE400s are closer to neutral while having smoothed-out treble. It also has better isolation. The S1 has a grill that lets out some sound, but it's not really open.

It's a great IEM but I think the choices I picked are better suited to your tastes. They all do a good job reproducing bass and some people have described the Shure SE215s as a basshead IEM (but it's not bloated).

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Yea I have been reading about the ones you suggested and it seems the Sure's have more bass (as they have enhanced bass i think?) I can also get the S2's as I hear they have a better build quality then the S1's and are about 20$ more. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 6
You might like the yamaha eph100 instead of the shure se 215
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596524/yamaha-eph-100-vs-shure-se215
http://www.head-fi.org/t/667491/updated-shure-se215-etymotic-hf5-or-yamaha-eph-100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back